- Identify threats in one’s surroundings
- Decide on the most effective course of action when a threat is recognized
- Use proven techniques to safely remove oneself from danger
- Understand what to do when reaching a safe distance and/or location from the threat
- Develop a life-saving plan before a threat occurs with a mindset of awareness
This course is designed to provide individuals, groups, and families a mindset and means of surviving a violent incident, which have become commonplace in today’s society. The curriculum is tailored for application to work, home, shopping, church, and other events that are part of everyday life. Through teaching and practical exercises, participants will be provided with insight and training in methods of identifying and reacting to potential threats. Participants will be taught how to re-direct everyday skills to become more consistently aware of their surroundings without taking time away from normal life. These early detection skills aid in identifying and responding to threats which may enhance chances of survival.
$125 (Law Enforcement) | $250 (Student/Civilian)
- Category: 1-Day Courses
04 Lecture Topics
- Violence in Public Spaces
- Why Prepare?
- The 30 Seconds S.M.A.R.T. Concept
- Goals of S.M.A.R.T Training
- Techniques Used in S.M.A.R.T.
05 Practical Exercises
- Emotional Control Breathing Techniques
- Situational Assessment
- Techniques When Exit is Not the Best Choice
- Movement Processes and Techniques
- After the Threat
0900-1000: Course Overview, Safety Briefing, and Statistics
1000-1200: Scan and Monitor Lecture
1200-1300: Lunch Break
1300-1500: Alert, Respond, and Train Lecture
1500-1700: Practical Exercises
This is structed as a 1-day course. However, the S.M.A.R.T. program is flexible and can be expanded to accommodate any special needs or requests.
07 Upcoming Classes
No scheduled classes
08 Special Considerations
Under no circumstances will participants be trained, directed, encouraged, nor will it be discussed in any manner to engage, confront, or even attempt to stop any threats that may encountered.