It is with great sadness in our hearts that we announce the passing of beloved friend and mentor Dan Gerard. As senior instructor and Retired Alachua County Detective Sergeant, Dan carried more than 30 years of experience in law enforcement and forensics. He earned a B.A. in Criminal Justice at St. Leo University, specializing in crime scene training.
Prior to retirement, he served as a U.S. Army military police investigator, and was awarded two commendation medals for his service. For 11 years, he occupied a supervisory role as Forensic Unit Supervisor, and was Region 3 Forensic Response Team Leader from 2006-2013. Dan is survived by Maggie, his wife of 26 years, and his daughter Sarah.
Dan is sorely missed by the CSI Academy family every day. Our thoughts and prayers remain with his family and friends.
- BA Criminal Justice at Saint Leo College
- Military Police Investigator in the Army
- Police Officer at the Gainesville Police Department
- Deputy Sheriff, Sergeant, Crime Scene Supervisor
Occupational Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations:
- Law Enforcement Certification
- International Association for Identification
- Law Enforcement Instructors Certification